Pollination and forest garden management, including tree and shrub management
Full day workshop about
- creating bee forest,
- forage woodland,
- native woodland,
- agroforestry and
- forest garden management.
We will learn to
- set up different type of tree and shrub systems creating long term environment and food security,
funding woodland management (including budget, loan and regulation).
set up your tree-nursery system
create/insure your water security
Cornucopia farm is a seventy-two acre site that was purchased in 1994. Always evolving, it has been managed as an organic market garden (selling locally), a tree nursery and it now functions as a working organic permaculture farm, currently feeding two families and visitors. Nearly half of the land has been reserved for over 45,000 planted trees.
The farm is also used as a healing ceremony centre with people-care taking precedence. With a combined educational element, people are also taught how to move forward towards a more sustainable way of living.
The farm is made up of:
- Grazing land with small and large animal systems.
- Diverse native woodland, mixed non-native forestry, Eucalyptus plantation.
- A regeneration of exposed slate rock land to Oak forest tree systems.
- Forest garden, fruit trees, blueberry crop.
- Tropical greenhouse.
- Vegetable garden (displaying how we can make a garden anywhere by creating soil on rock).
- Rock garden.
- Low maintenance composting systems.
- Water management systems: pond and streams.
- Aquaculture: Carp and Rainbow Trout.
- Reed bed system & grey water system.
- Natural building: cob, traditional stone building, round house, timber frame cabin.
- Solar Power
80 €60 €*
* including on site workshops,access to digital resources and 3 wholesome meals (please advise of any special dietary needs). Tea & coffee will be available onsite.
- Discount for Students – We support students with 18% off
- Discount for Locals – We support locals (~20km) with 18% off
Permaculture Mainframe Designer, Consultant, Implementer, Teacher
and Local Community Developer who is working on establishing and growing the permaculture network in West Cork, Ireland and initiating Permaculture waves across the country. His experience is expanding and diversifying through international participation and earth work management from wetland to dryland.
He has completed numerous permaculture training programmes, also learning from those who are leading the way in their field, such as: Warren Brush, Paul Taylor and Geoff Lawton. He is a co-founder of Earth Environmental Education, providing easy understanding through the principles of permaculture to help motivate and inspire others to naturally include the principles of Permaculture into their lives.
Cornucopia Farm Team
Contact for more details.